Popular Posts

Tuesday 31 January 2017

CB&I opens new additive manufacturing lab at Texas Tech University

THE WOODLANDS, US: Chicago Bridge & Iron Company (CB&I) has officially opened its new CB&I advanced prototyping and manufacturing laboratory at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas (US).
The state-of-the-art laboratory will focus on additive manufacturing, which is a form of industrial 3-D printing, and the equipment will include advanced 3-D printers that work with metals, plastics and other materials.
The laboratory is part of CB&I's commitment to establishing strategic partnerships that invest in innovation, technology and help CB&I meet its demand for exceptional engineers. Students will have the opportunity to use the latest industry technology and develop a better understanding of real-world and theoretical applications in mechanical engineering.
"CB&I applies innovative ideas and emerging technologies to solve some of our industry's most complex challenges. This partnership is another way we are strengthening this direction of the company. We are fostering innovation and investing in the future of our industry," said Philip Asherman, president and CEO, CB&I.
"Texas Tech is truly grateful for this partnership with CB&I that resulted in this world-class prototyping and advanced manufacturing facility. It gives our students both fundamental and real-world experience in technologies that will play a role in many of their careers in the years ahead," added Al Sacco Jr, the dean of Texas Tech's Whitacre College of Engineering.
Read More: CB&I opens new additive manufacturing lab at Texas Tech University

No comments:

Post a Comment